- Water Utilities
The Town of Brownsburg works hard to stay current with the State of Indiana and Federal regulations regarding Stormwater Pollution Prevention, but we need your help. It is unlawful to deposit, discharge, dump or otherwise permit substances, chemicals, or other materials in any storm sewer system within the Town of Brownsburg. If you notice a potential Illicit Discharge into a Storm Sewer or stream, please contact the Stormwater Hotline at 317-852-1121, all calls are confidential.
Examples of a reportable instance:
- Someone is observed dumping down any open grate or manhole located throughout our community:
- Animal waste
- Any type of cleaner
- Cooking oils/grease
- Used motor oil
- The erosion control at a construction site is nonexistent or has failed allowing sediment to enter a waterway. Forms of erosion control might consist of fencing, catch basin inserts, grass strips, etc.
- Water quality of a waterway/ditch seems to be impaired. This could be a visual observation such as a color change - blue when the water is normally clear. This would also include an observation of oil/petroleum products floating on the water surface.
- Call: 317-852-1121, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4 pm, or 317-852-1100 after hours
- Submit an online Report-A-Polluter report
Report Unsightly Property
The information and form above apply strictly to dumping materials in our storm sewer system. Report an unsightly or polluted property to our Code Compliance Coordinator online.